Wednesday, January 11, 2006
There's nothing quite so comforting as the smell of cookies in the oven, with the subtle aroma of vanilla, and butter wafting through the air. And that first bite into a warm, freshly baked cookie as it melts in your mouth. And that cup of warm milk, as you watch the snowflakes fall through frosted windows. The kids rush in, faces flushed from the snow burn, after building their snowman......
[wakes up from dream]
The kids rush in... after swimming, screaming, "we are hungryyyyyyyy", burnt from hours of exposure to ultra violet radiation. Bring out the ice milo....
Anyway, this is a great and fattening snack, especially if you have kids you want to fatten up, (like my niece and nephews).
140 gms butter, cold
2/3rd cup brown sugar
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1½ cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
chocolate chips, according to how chocolatey you want it to be.
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Blitz Group A ingredients in a food processor, until well mixed. Transfer the glob to a mixing bowl.
3. Sift the flour and baking soda into the mixing bowl, and mix with a plastic spatula, until a cookie dough is formed. Chuck in the chocolate chips. Mix until well mixed, like a chap chong child.
4. Drop heaped teaspoons of dough onto baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until brown.
5. DO NOT PANIC, first time bakers, if your cookies are soft as toilet paper in the rain.... when you first take them out of the oven. I'm not sure what the chemical or biological process is, but when you transfer them to a wire rack, and let them cool, they harden. So they start off hot and soft, but eventually harden. Yup, like the male anatomy.
6. Eat with caution, because they probably are quite fattening. My guess is, one cookie = 10 minute jog on the treadmill, or 20 minutes body combat, or 10 minutes body attack. Feed liberally to skinny children, but do not let fat kids have more than one.
MAKES about 18.
Preparation time : 5 mins
Baking time : 10-12 mins.