Friday, October 02, 2015

Kogetsu, Saujana Resort & Hotel... Amazing Value Japanese "Buffet"

I'm generally not a fan of buffets, but will usually work around it by being "innovative" and selecting my favourite items and sometimes combining them, such as oysters from the oyster bar added into the curry mee in place of see hum, (cockels), or embellishing my salad with peeled crab etc etc, FOR EXAMPLE.

However, this Japanese spread at Kogetsu is somewhat different, what I'd call a Buffacarte,,,,A mix of both buffet and alacarte, in that the sashimis and sushis and other starters are served buffet style, as is dessert, whilst you get to choose from a whopping array of 50 over items from the the alacarte menu, which IS actually cooked on the spot.  So waiting can take awhile, but hey, with dishes like these, it's like eating a regular Japanese meal at discounted priced.


The handroll section isn't particularly well highlighted, (which suited me fine, which meant I didnt have to queue), but they have several roll options, and I went for the salmon roll.  Fresh melt in the mouth salmon sashimi in that roll...


The array of sushi platters and sashimi

Lovely fresh salmon sashimi, and tuna as well.  I guess it would be asking too much to have hoped for hamachi in the spread.


Sushi galore, but who wants to waste stomach space by eating so much rice. !!!




Tempura Udon...


Those pregnant fish thingies...


The must have teriyaki unagi....for that eely feeling.

Cold Buckwheat Soba...  Shot someone else's dish, so didn't get to try this... was already in a food coma as it is, eating my own stuff...


Call me boring, but I love tempura, and always order it when in a Japanese restaurant anyway.  The purist would probably heap scorn on my love for the common...


The rice with chicken and egg...WHY anyone would order such a carb laced dish is beyond me.....


Ah, my kinda thing...Beef teppanyaki, gorgeously seared, not overdone, met in the mouth...

Teppenyaki Shimeji Mushrooms...a dish not unsimilar to this in Noby would cost RM35 I think...(though that one has some padron peppers)..


I was pleasantly impressed with this scallop dish, as the scallops were fresh, and not the rubbery can bounce off the wall types you find at buffets.

For the salmon fish head lovers.... this evil eye would be your thing.

Teriyaki Grilled Saba Mackerel....

Another of my perennial favourites, Chawan Mushi...silky steamed egg that just glides down your throat with every comforting thought...


Under the watchful eye of Chef Taketoshi Minami....

My own assembled salad with the sesame seed dressing, for the required quota of greens for the meal.
Sanma Shioyaki, or Grilled Pike Mackerel, very bony but the flesh is oh so sweet, and it's not something you see regularly anyway.


And for dessert, a variety of ice creams, and a variety of cakes, and sweets and puddings....

As the buffet is only available for lunch, on weekends, I suggest you go for a full workout before hand to work up an appetite, cos it's soooo worth it.

RM145 nett, with 20% discount on selected credit cards, Kids under 12 years old eat free, (limited to 2 kids per receipt), AND, add another RM100 for freeflow SHR wine!!! Ooh, that sounds like a good deal.

Address: The Saujana Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Saujana Resort, Jalan Lapangan Terbang SAAS,, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-7843 1234


No comments: