Friday, February 02, 2007

Book Valley Visit

Sigh, being the "good friend" that I am, despite being fong fei kei-ed at the last minute, upon his insistence, I still made my way to klang for a quick breakfast at his newly opened bookshop and cafe.

This is the famous nasi lemak klang that was featured in his blog.

The nasi lemak was very tasty, but it the rice was a bit too wet, (I like mine dry and fluffy), and the condiments a bit oily. Then again, I guess it IS nasi lemak, so it's like eating ice cream and expecting the benefits of a salad, to expect anything else.

70% of the time that I was there, our intrepid entrepreneur was in this pose:


This fruit tea is apparently their specialty, coz I was gonna order ginseng coffee, when he vetoed my order.

Anyway, shortly after finishing my nasi lemak, I was more or less shoo-ed out, to make way for his next batch of guests... and was relegated to browsing around the bookshop. I have to say, it is chinese book heaven....not much good for an illiterate like me. They also stock an impressive variety of imported IQ enhancing games for children, which are way beyong my budget. Apparently Klang people are very generous when it comes to kid's education and welfare. (odd, I always thought they were in same league as Penangites in terms of wallet tightness).

I bought a couple of mandarin vocabulary books, for the kids, (it looks like we all hope our children will grow up and do business in China), some stationery for myself, and was on my way. Thanks Mr Kah for gracing me with your precious precious time, all of 10 minutes.

16 comments:

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hey FBB, that leng chai Endau guy is Jackson Kah ar? Wah! Really have to meet him in person.

By the way, Audrey or I will be sending out an Evite soon so hopefully we can all meet up. It should be a blast! :)

Rasa Malaysia said...

Oh my gawk, I saw your strawberry-merry cake on Mei Yen's. You baked that ar? I was so impress I terjatuh from my chair liao. Can bake one for the gathering ar? ;)

Tummythoz said...

So did u still give Jackson your Tiramisu baked with luurrvee? *taking time off to unroll tongue*

UnkaLeong said...

The cake...the cake...wats happen to zz cake?

fatboybakes said...

HAHAHA...

rasa malaysia, what is leng chai ENDAU? i mean, i know what leng chai is, but what ENDAU? as in from endau rompin?

yar, made the cake for mei yen who very kindly ordered from me. you're too kind with your compliments.

tummy thoz, NO, i didnt make the tiramisu in the end. the extra small chiffon is still sitting in the airtight container.

which reminds me, i should use it up for my cell group tonight.

unka, that should answer your question.

backStreetGluttons said...

guess kungfu tummythoz will have to teach this young not ugly(yet) notsoappreciative punk a thing or two in front of RM/meiyen sometime coming soo ?

MeiyeN said...

da fruit tea looks like da one at winter warmers though... looks like i really got to come down to jackson's book valley soon!

teambsg, whoa... why infront of me/rm? :p

Rasa Malaysia said...

OMG, It looks like I am spamming your comment. Anyway, I just tagged you.

Anonymous said...

why why why would anyone still want to meet him / go there after the barely lukewarm welcome FBB got for all his effort???!

glad you didn't waste the tiramisu, at least!

Anonymous said...

snowdrop, haha, yalar, i was just yanking his chain la. he did treat me very well, all of the 10 minutes that he was free, and not on the phone.
FBB

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hey FBB, I am tagging you for a meme, which is kinda like a forwarded email. So, you are supposed to write a post about "5 things most people don't know about me" and then you tag other people. Hehe. :)

Anonymous said...

heh. sorry. i get pretty riled up about pple's non-appreciative and take-things-for-granted attitude, which you see more and more of these days.

boo_licious said...

snowdrop, if you meet Jackson, you will find out he is a real sweetie but he's super busy with work all the time.

fbb - must call and make appt or can just drop in anytime to surprise him?

Anonymous said...

ok, will take the word of those who actually know him that he was just really busy and not ill mannered. apologies, jackson :)

fatboybakes said...

hahah, so sweet, boolicious of you to run to his defence. better to make appointment la, the fler is so busy in meetings, and flocks of friends...

snowie, yalar, he was definitely not ill mannered. but yes, i get riled up at being taken for granted too....

rasa malaysia....aiks, got such thing one ah? and the penalty for not doing so is what ah?

Audrey Cooks said...

Whoa! so this is Jackson Kah! hmmm , what are those spiky things on the hair ... oophs! must be the bush behind :D