This group of friends, from the ELR group, have been talking and planning this trip to Klang for Bak Kut Teh for nearly 1½ years. You'd think it was located on the moon, the logistic planning involved in getting there. Finally, it materialised!!! I recall it's the same one that masak masak blogged about around last Chinese New Year. I remember, coz she mentioned the passing of an uncle, and I also had a grand uncle who passed away during that time. Didn't know her yet at the time though, but did wonder if it was the same uncle.
Teluk Pulai is hog heaven. There are many bak kut teh and an absolutely orgasmic char siew place as well. Above pic is one of them, but not the one we went to.
Ah, this is the one we went to, I believe the same one blogged about by Boolicious. By the time I parked, the claypots had almost arrived. To my delight one pot had offal, and spare parts. I lurve spare parts.
This is really bad photography, I know. What to do, blame the camera lah. In any case, I wasn't gonna "pretend" to be artistic, as amongst our midst was a professional photographer, who actually captured the first pictures of the 2004 tsumani in phuket. (or was it 2005) It would be like trying to bake for Nigella Lawson. Anyway, complemented by the yummy char siew (actually I am very thin skinned....dont dare snap away prolificly like other food bloggers, coz lazy to explain why I'm taking pics) it was a fantastic brunch.
Meanwhile, what did I do with the cake that was meant for Jackson Kah? I used it up and turned it into a coffee walnut cream cake for my cell group. So, I've still got lots of mascarporne cheese lying around at home.
Strange right, without any reference, there's no perspective to the size of the cake. It's only 5" diameter, but looks big here.
Also, apparently I've been tagged by Rasa malaysia. I'm not really familiar with this blog talk, but according to RM, it's like a chain letter, minus the curses that come along with it if you don't forward it to 10 others.
5 things about me.
1. I hate cauliflower. There's not much I don't eat, but for some reason, I hate cauliflower. I'd eat it if absolutely no choice, but it ranks on the bottommost rung of my least favourite vegetables.
2. Beneath this chubby exterior, is a person who's known pain and hardship. I did a 3 year stint in the Malaysian Army, paying back my scholarship. (bond was 10 years, but paid back the rest). This of course, was 40 pounds ago. I also spent two years, forms 4 & 5 in Royal Military College....more hardship.
3. After I left the army, I became a male model for a local brand of underwear.....
3. Heh heh, kidding... I've got hypertension. Started on meds last year.
4. I am exceedinly short fused, and have a bad temper. I hate eating places that don't serve water, and force you to buy imported mineral water. I am likely to kick up a bigggg scene.
5. I started toying around in the kitchen after I finished my part time MBA in UM...suddenly having a lot of time on my hands. (when you attend classes 2-3 times a week, at night, the sudden liberation can be quite a withdrawal symptom thing). Stupidly ambitious, I think one of my first experiments was apple pie. Friends were polite.
So, that's me. Am I supposed to pass this on?
But everyone's been covered oridi on Rasa Malaysia's blog, at least everyone who reads this.
okay, I tag:
1. That fler in Bangkok, who is counting the days to return to his sweetheart here.
2. The other fler in Klang... who is too busy to eat tiramisu.
3. The lady in Hong Kong who got me into this whole blogging thing in the first place.
4. That mysterious Lady In Red, at the Isthmus Martell Dinner.
5. Well, ideally, it'll be Nigella Lawson. Can someone pass the message to her.
Now, Rasa Malaysia, what do I do?