Monday, August 03, 2009

Chow Tut At Integricity

Excerpts from an email I received from Fratmustard about 2 weeks back.

Start of Excerpt

1.1 INTRODUCTION

(definition by Integricity employees)
CHOWTUT [chow-tut]- noun / verb
An excessive dose, especially of food or alcoholic beverage
"Wahhh! Last night I chowtut at Changkat!"
"That fella sleeping la... he chowtut for lunch"

THE STORY

You are sitting down at your desk. Your stomach is growling.You are wondering what to have for lunch. Ideas spin your head round and round... too many good things to eat. If you eat "A" today, you'll miss out on "B"... and what about "C"? Arrghhh decisions... decisions...

I felt like that once... and I found a solution ... CHOWTUT!

The ultimate smorgasbord of orgasmic-OMFG-fingerlickin'good-auntieonemoreplate food all in one place... at the same time.

THIS QUARTER (PROPOSED MENU)
- Teluk Pulai BKT (Klang)
- Pork Knuckle from Hat Yai Street (Bangsar)
- Village Park Nasi Lemak (DU)
- Char Siew only from 747 (Sunway Mas)
- Beef balls & spare parts (Tengkat Tong Shin)
- KFC
- Pan Heong mee mamak and Sang Har Mee
- Mama's Kitchen Pork Noodles and creamy butter squid (TTDI)
- Krispy Kreme for dessert

Did I just hear you climax?

THE PLAN AND HOW TO PARTICIPATE


So far, this has been an Integricity only function. However,
some people have heard about it and they have requested for
a place and to join in. As we do not have the office space
to cater for THAT many people... this is a invitation
only makan session... and I'm inviting you guys (and your
partners)... but you still need to pay for your share.

End of Excerpt

Wow, I had to meet this group of foodie enthusiasts extraordinaire. A food scavenger hunt, so to speak. Why hasn't anyone really thought of this concept earlier?

Out of deference to their Muslim colleagues, the team ensured there was THIS for them to consume. Actually, there was village pork, oops, park, nasi lemak...but aside from that I think everything else was tainted with ba alif ba ya.

Photobucket

Oh, and the Krispy Kremes, of course, have no meat. It was only my 2nd time sampling them. I had the plain glazed ones.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Frankly I don't really know what the hype is about Krispy Kremes. It's okay, a tad on a sweet side actually. It's still a doughnut at the end of the day.

Photobucket
The lovely creamy buttered squid and errr...dried buttered squid? From Mama's kitchen in Taman Tun. Love those strands of heart clogging deep fried stuff.


Photobucket
I have to say this was the highlight. Char Siu from 747, Dataran Sunwaymas. I HAVE TO GO TO THIS PLACE!!!! As there was a large crowd, we only managed have a couple of slivers of this absolutely divine piece of pork. Well, I guess that wanting and waiting in anticipation for more will make the trip to 747 more worthwhile. Have to find companions that won't Fong Fei Kei for 747.

Pork (more of it) yee mee from Mama's Kitchen. Mama's is actually renowned for their claypot lou shee fun and siu yoke mee, and is a branch of that roadside stall along Jalan Sultan, which has filled many a drunken tummy at the wee hours of the morning.
Photobucket

Famous Mee Mamak from Pan Heong. In one fell swoop, I lost my 747 and Pan Heong Virginity. Twas yummy. Not as hot and spicy and greasy as the usual mee mamaks.
Photobucket

Frat, surrounded by holes everywhere.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh. Can't really go wrong there. Thanks Boolicious for sponsoring this!

Photobucket

Village park nasi lemak. I didnt manage to try this, as I was stuffed.

Photobucket

Beef balls from Ngau Kee. Springy and delicious.
Photobucket

beef tripe from ngau kee as well.
Photobucket

Sang Har Kueh Teow from Pan Heong. Actually, it was a pity, I think the prawns must have continued cooking in the hot sauce, so I found them a bit overcooked, though tastewise, it was splendid. I cant wait to try the real mccoy in Batu Caves.

Photobucket



Frat and his err....master, both enjoying the oozing cream from the krispy kreme.

Photobucket


Photobucket


So yeah, definitely the highlight for me was the excellent charsiu and also wantan mee from 747! I so wanna go there soon.

It was great meeting all these foodie flers from Integricity. Floggers present were Boolicious of Masak Masak, Tham Jiak, Bangsar Babe, and A whiff of lemongrass, who missed the 747 charsiu coz she was 1 hour late.

Thanks Jek & Frat for hosting this! It was great. Do it again soon pleeeeez.

21 comments:

Rarebeet said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! I feel fatter and thirstier just looking at the pictures!

Unknown said...

Eh FBB... we not playing with "floggers" anymore. We going with #chowtutties now! :P

Anyway... as for Chowtut 3... we'll give it a while to rest. That said, I have another project up my sleeves that you will love... I already previewed the idea with @llemongrass... she's already signed on.

Great post... glad you made it for Chowtut. Now you can tell the rest who didn't make it what they missed out.

C you soon...

Rebecca Saw said...

Me me me!! I NEVER fong fei kei one.. 747 and Chef choi..ok ok OK???!!!
Oh, Pan Heong also! Me want tht mee mamak!

Precious Pea said...

Wow!! So many famous goodies all at one go! Happynya!!!

gfad said...

Chowtut rhymes with 'putt' or 'poot' ah?

Out of your list, I've only tried Village Park Nasi lemak (personally I find the fried chicken overrated, but I liked the sambal), KFC (last had it in AD, can't tell if the 11 herbs&spices are the same but I prefer the chicken meat in AD as the meat tastes fresher) and Krispy Kreme (also last had it in AD, but should be the same, right? Globalisation mah.. And I'm sure the local franchisee is supplied with the same pre-mix)

I think I've overdosed on food. Don't even know what I want to eat anymore!! :D

qwazymonkey said...

OMG! I feel like I need to organize a freaking CHOWTUT now for my sanity sake.

How does one gather food from all corners of the city and still serve them warm ar?

Kenny Mah said...

Hmm... There could be worse fates than being surrounded by holes everywhere. ;)

J2Kfm said...

oh so that's the REAL frat ...
kinda looks alike. hahahah ....

the char siew had me sold as well. strange concept, all tapau, but how cool, as everything in one place.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

need a gang of mat rempits to go all corners of the world to get this..!

UnkaLeong said...

And you still managed to stuff all that Guinness down ar? Respect...That's a whole lot of food bro!

Chefspiration said...

Sounds like a great outing!I'm not really a fan of krispy kreme...way too sweet!

Ciki said...

wow, i hfta say.. excellent shots fbb! i wish i had been there:(

also, if you like sticking your finger in every inviting crack, then frat likes sticking his body in every inviting hole.. :P mwhahahaah

thule a.k.a leo said...

how did you manage to gulp down all those things???

rokh said...

if we have another round soon, all of us have to line up for body checkup! :)

The Duo Dishes said...

Krispy Kreme and KFC. How American! :)

Julian Si said...

I so wish I was there at this chowtut (HUH!!!?) event, bro ... CHAR SIEW looks divine.

Ten days before my PORKYfix , mmmh...

Simon Seow said...

The center of all good food.

sel said...

Hi, love the pics. Am coming to KL soon and would love to check out some of the restaurants. It somehow seems like the featured places are not v tourist friendly, but I guess I can always take a cab. :)

I have 1 important question - where do you get your baking supplies? I'm looking for some good lotus paste and gula melaka, but as I'm not a Malaysia, I have no idea where to find such baking specialty shops.I know probably hypermarts will have, but I'm hoping for something a little more better.

Thanks in advance for your help!

IE Asia said...

Hi,
i love your blog, its so informative and interesting...
i am actually working in an event management company, there will be time where we would love to invite good bloggers to attend the events that we're having.
Can you kindly give me your email address at ivyjoo@ie-asia.com, so that when there is such events, we can send you online invitation =)
hope to hear from you.
Thanks

Unknown said...

eh eh...
looking at what you all eat, i think i want to chowtut tonight to satisfy cravings now!

air liur dah meleleh!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I hope there will be another chowtut session soon...like in the next week or so. ahem. I want char siu. It's an amazing idea to do this...Integricity has such dedicated employees who will travel great distances to get their favourite foods.