Thursday, April 09, 2009

Nigel's Gorgeous Buns and Cream (..And They're For SALE too)

PALM SUNDAY...

A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees (presumably palms)* and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!"
- Gospel Accdg To Matthew, Chap 21 vs 8-9

*Italics my own words....

Yeah, so anyway, as I was driving back, in a torrential storm, on a Sunday evening after a massage with the blind fler, I get an sms ...tit tit, tit tit [sms tone]... Despite large billboards saying, DO NOT SMS AND DRIVE, I pick up the phone and read it with one eye, (the other eye on the road), and I could NOT believe the text message:

"Palm sunday, just made hot cross buns. Baked with lurve, so come collect them now" - from my FAVOURITE baker boys, Nigel of Just Heavenly. I take the safer option, and call the fler, and delightfully detour to the Heavenly place.

Nigel is alone, pottering around in the kitchen, his buns on full display, and they look absolutely divine. Hot off the oven, I popped TWO into my mouth in succession. Absoooolutely JUST HEAVENLY!!! Ah, good choice of name hor. And, as an added bonus, he gave me a quarter of his famous VANILLA DREAM, a gorgeous butter cake sandwiching a glorious french buttercream. His fabulous cream isnt as sweet as the usual buttercream with icing sugar, and has a lovely satiny silky smooth texture, that just melts in your mouth, while probably coagulating in your arteries too.



Photobucket


Photobucket

The hot cross buns, absolutely yummy. It contains sweet potato, so the texture is moist and fragrant like potato breads. And fresh out of the oven, it really cant get any better. Inspires me to make some to give my friends at good friday service.

Photobucket

Thanks heaps Nige, you're the best. (and Allan opcors). Big big hug.

BESTEST NEWS OF ALL: Nigel's buns are available for SALE! (for you unlucky sods who didnt get them free). Cake is obviously for sale also la.

Click here for details of JUST HEAVENLY PLEASURES contact details.




32 comments:

Rebecca Saw said...

wahhh...morning morning cumi&ciki..now you! aahhhh..die laa.
Got to giv Ms babes at JHP damansara a call...

Bangsar-bAbE said...

Drooling at the vanilla dream...some more melt in the mouth!! *wipes saliva off keyboard*

Plus the buns look so gOoOodd...

Julian Si said...

tit tit, tit tit [sms tone]... Ah, SMS tone, you got my imagination ... uh .. flowing!? :-)

Droooooooooool, hot X buns!

ToyBoy & ToyGirl said...

=) by the time we reached home, we were left with 3 buns only! It was really heavenly..

HairyBerry said...

omg, what a title!!!
buns AND cream summore!
haha!

ah, i would lurve to have one of the hotter than hawt cross buns for tea later. with my tea panas. *ahh...can only fantasize from afar)

gfad said...

Now that is a picture perfect slice of cream cake - just the right ratio of cream and cake. And with such an even layer of cream in the middle. Right out of an Enid Blyton book..

I wouldn't mind taking a bite of Nigel's bun too...

:D

Yin said...

Cheng Yi - why never share-share ler?

nigel, can i give you my number now then perhaps, maybe, if the baking gods smile upon me the next tit-tit-tit message will also bring forth such great tidings :D

gfad said...

Bush la.. buns la.. tit la... Nothing on cats meh?

RollingOnTheFloorLaughingMyAssOff..

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Nic, am selling lor ;-) Allan decided to make me slave over my stove and sell my buns for profit! ;-)

Thanks FBB ;-) HUGS HUGS HUGS *lovefest*

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Oh and...not enough sex ah?

"Gorgeous buns and cream..."

"tit tit tit tit"

"My Luscious Bush"

fatboybakes said...

nigel, got 4 kids wor...where got time.

gfad, cats? the last time i got into trouble when unkaleong's died, (cat), and i wished him sympathies on his dead pussy,...

yin, share? how to share! there was barely enough for me.

fatboybakes said...

gfad, i know, perfect ratio hor. argh, looking at it makes me want to sink my teef into some right now.

hairy, somehow the word hawt always reminds me of ciki...

toycouple how many were you given to start off with?

jules, tit tit, tit tit...you know what i mean la bro...

bangsar babe, hurry on to JHP to get a bite of nigel's buns...

TNG, aitelyu, this ciki steal my thunder oni...who'll read me now, when she's posted about the same thing. chis bedebah!!!

Ciki said...

eh, please la u.. glory shared is glory MULTIPLIED! all for the same/a good cause :P:P

HUGS!

(mah favourite bakers la.. sigh..happy gal:D)

Ciki said...

oh.. and OF COURSE it(the post) wasn't planned.. *wink wink* :P

thule a.k.a leo said...

Wow... fresh from the oven!!! If you are not one of the privileged ones... I don't know who else is... lol!!!

qwazymonkey said...

I want some of em hot buns too...and those heavenly cream too!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i suppose i was one of those unlucky sods who is now dying for nigel's hot buns..

ohhh did that just sound wrong?

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Can't wait to see your gorgeous buns, fatboybakes!

FAD MOM said...

so tempting... i'm too far.. FEDex can ah?

fatboybakes said...

fadmom, u ask them baker boys la...i'm sure can, the journey to the republic is only 4 hrs ma...some jams in KL take longer than that to clear.

thamby, my gorgeous buns? hmmm, i should blog about it and display my saggy, unrisen buns...

nipples, no no, of course that doesnt sound wrong...nigel's buns are really quite sought after. moist, delectable, and goes even better with a bit of butter...

fatboybakes said...

qwazymonkey, unlike some pleasures that money cant buy, these ARE purchasable ya know...

thule, it pays to be good friends with the Masterbaker...

ciki, opcors it wasnt planned.

J2Kfm said...

the cake looks deceivingly bland, simple and safe.

but from the way you described the cream, i'm all sold.

no samples ah? gotta order one whole one ah? aiyo ...

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Hey this is going to sound like a mutual lovefest but it's us who are privileged to be friends with the one and only FBB! The man is passion embodied wrapped in an unassuming (but sometimes bitchy) body. Much like Clark Kent! ;-) His cake "muscles" just bulge deliciously everywhere! So thule, we're the lucky ones ;-)

fatboybakes said...

GUFFFAW, nigel skelchy, who ya calling bitchy ah??!!! chis bedebah!
wherrre i dare to be bitchy with you hah?!! piaks.

j2kfm, i oso had to beg, grovel and throw away all self respect to get a piece of that cake leh, as it is NOT sold in pieces. but he so kind wor, gave me a whole quarter of a cake. it doesnt look bland la, it was my poor photography skills..overflashed i think. thamby already tarok me for that.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

yay bitchfest! I like. *taking out popcorn* Carry on Nigel and FBB!

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

LL, almost like you saying that Unka, if I recall correctly, "does that with everyone." LOL ROFL

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Oh and PS...FBB ah...you say you bitchy with those you love maaaaa...so if you not bitchy with me means you don't lup me lorrrr! *sniff*

Yin said...

Adoi, kesian FBB. You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't...

Argus Lou said...

Happy Easter, dear FBB, to you and your loved ones. I too made hot cross buns (latest but very short blog) although I'm not religious. :) Haven't been blog hopping much lately, don't know why.

There's a kind of buttercream made with an addition of cooked flour to make it less cloying. Must try it out.

Rarebeet said...

dangggg been away for awhile and I miss your bush and Nigel's buns. How could I have stayed away from your saucy posts for so long?!

fatboybakes said...

paps, saucy posts? what saucy posts? [wide eyed innocent doe look]

argus, yeah, i read your post. your buns look nice and fluffy...and your eggs looks so pretty...

yin, yalar, show lurve to ppl they call u bitchy, then if not bitchy, they say no lurve.... chis.

nigel, aww, there there, of course we lub you...how not to lub you?

thamby, so those fingers oily?

Eni said...

Yes, I would agree with you,those cakes might as well have been taken straight out of an Enid Blyton book. In fact, I have a sub-segment, titled, "Food in Blytonian Literature" in my book on Enid Blyton, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com).
Stephen Isabirye